Monday, November 13, 2006

~Our 3rd ROM Anniversary~

We had celebrated our ROM anniversary during the weekend because 13 Nov falls on a Monday.

~Saturday 11 Nov 2006~
It was a raining heavily. Heavenly music from the harp filled the cosy Tea Lounge at Regent Hotel. We were sitting beside the grand Steinway enjoying an English afternoon hightea.



We selected our pot of tea. Summer Carribean for my hubby and Granny's Garden for me. The teas were served in traditional fine tea set. Both were refreshingly fruity and indeed warm us up in that rainy and wet weather.

It was not the usual spread we see at other highteas. There were some savouries like fried udon, chicken wings, prawn fritters and teriyaki chicken. There were also sandwiches, pies, souffles, scones, cakes and fondue too. The delicious hot traditional and raisin scones are my favourites.
The ambience was quiet and relaxed - which was a really good atmosphere to have a good chat and some quiet moments together.

Hubby had lesson earlier in the morning so I left my present for him on the table so that he will have a little surprise when he arrived home tonight.




It was a painting I did after our first overseas trip to Australia in 2003.



Hubby seemed quite happy with my present and he showed me something he did for our little girl. It was a sketchbook with drawings he made. The sketchbook will be a photo album for our little girl. It was very sweet of him because the drawings were very well done and full of love and sincerity. But it is still some way from completion. Will post the photo up when it's done.

~Sunday 12 Nov 2006~
He gave me a surprise by buying an ice-cream cake from Gelare (usually I would be the one to get the cake). He knows that I have a craving for sweet foods ever since I got pregnant. It was a
Jamaican Chocolate ice-cream cake. We sang "Happy Anniversary to Us" before each making a wish and blowing the candle.

Time flies. It had been 3 years since we ROM. 3 years is considered not long and I hope we will always be happy together in harmony and love for the next many many 3 years ahead.

No comments: